Here’s the recipe for delicious grilled beef noodle soup:
- 500g beef
- 500g rice noodles
- 1 cucumber
- 1 carrot
- 1/2 onion
- 2 stalks of green onion
- 1/2 bunch of coriander
- 1/2 bunch of Vietnamese mint
- 1/2 pineapple
- 2 tablespoons of cooking oil
- 2 tablespoons of fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons of oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- Salt, pepper, and chicken powder to taste
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- Clean and cut the beef into thin slices. Marinate with 1 tablespoon of fish sauce, 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce, 1 tablespoon of sugar, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, and a pinch of salt and pepper. Leave for about 30 minutes.
- Peel and julienne the cucumber and carrot. Cut the pineapple into small pieces. Finely chop the onion, green onion, coriander, and Vietnamese mint.
- Heat up the grill or grill pan on high heat. Brush the beef slices with a little oil and grill for about 3-4 minutes on each side until nicely charred and cooked to your liking. Set aside.
- Cook the rice noodles according to package instructions. Drain and rinse with cold water. Set aside.
- Heat up a wok or frying pan on high heat. Add the remaining oil and fry the onion until fragrant. Add the cucumber and carrot and stir-fry for about 1-2 minutes. Add the grilled beef and stir-fry for another minute.
- Add the cooked rice noodles and the remaining fish sauce, oyster sauce, salt, pepper, and chicken powder. Stir-fry for about 2-3 minutes until everything is well combined and heated through.
- Turn off the heat and add the chopped green onion, coriander, and Vietnamese mint. Give everything a quick stir.
- Serve the grilled beef noodle soup in bowls with some pineapple on top. Enjoy!