On cold days when the whole family gathers together and enjoys a bowl of hot chicken noodle soup, there’s nothing better. You often think how to cook chicken pho is complicated, so you will choose a restaurant to be quick. But with the recipe below, you will easily make this dish at home and still ensure a delicious taste.
This dish has become a familiar suggestion for a nutritious morning. The recipe for the standard chicken noodle soup is not too difficult, you just need to invest the time to make a delicious broth combined with some secrets.
- Chicken breastbone: 1kg
- Chicken: 1 chicken (about 1.2kg-1.5kg)
- Noodles: 1 kg
- Onion: 1 piece
- Purple onion: 5 pieces
- Ginger: 1 piece
- Vegetables served: Coriander, basil, basil, bean sprouts, fresh lemon, chili pepper, lime leaves.
- Seasoning: Alum sugar, salt, monosodium glutamate, seasoning, pepper, fish sauce, chili sauce, black sauce.
- Cooking seasonings: Cinnamon, anise, cardamom, coriander seeds, skullcap.
Step 1: Prepare Ingredients
First, you will wash the bones and whole chicken with diluted brine and drain. As for the chicken bones, boil them in boiling water for 2 minutes and then wash them again.
Grilled onion, red onion and ginger on the edge to make the broth more fragrant. The accompanying herbs, cilantro, lemon, chili, and lime leaves are washed.
Top Pho Restaurant is serving delicious Chicken and Rice Noodle. If you love this dish, you can Order Here. Thank You!
Step 2: Cook Broth and Boil Chicken
Put bones, whole chicken, onion, red onion, ginger in a pot and cook over medium heat. At the same time, you proceed to roast anise, cinnamon, cardamom, cilantro seeds, and skullcap, then put them in a cloth bag and cook with the above ingredients.
About 25-30 minutes later, you will use chopsticks to lightly skewer the chicken, if there is no red juice coming out, the chicken is cooked. Take the chicken out and put it in a bowl of ice water, this step helps the chicken skin to be crispy and the meat to keep its white color. Finally, you hang the chicken up to drain the water in the belly. At this time, you also take out the seasoning bag to cook Pho to avoid the broth being strong.
When the chicken is completely cooled, you proceed to tear it into bite-sized pieces, the bones you put into the pot of broth to continue cooking. You taste the seasoning according to your taste and cook for about 40-60 minutes to meet the requirements. In this dish, you should use rock sugar to make the broth taste sweet.
Step 3: Present and Enjoy
Pour some pho noodles with boiling water in a bowl, arrange the chicken, add some thinly grated onion, lime leaves, cilantro on top and then pour the broth in. When eating, to enhance the flavor you can add lemon, chili or chili sauce, garlic vinegar and serve with herbs.
Some Secrets To Make Chicken Pho More Delicious
When making any dish, we always have some notes to make the dish more round and beautiful. So in this chicken noodle soup recipe, there will be simple secrets such as:
- You should choose a medium-sized pullet of about 1.2-1.5kg to get soft, firm pieces of meat with moderate toughness. When preparing chicken, be gentle and boil the chicken with cold water, avoid putting it in when the water is boiling so that the chicken skin does not tear due to sudden shrinkage by high temperature.
- The pre-boiling stage of chicken bones before cooking helps to remove impurities and the fishy smell of chicken to help clear the broth. During the stewing process, remember to skim the foam often.
- One point you need to consider when cooking the broth for chicken noodle soup is the temperature. Cooked with low heat, the sweet juice from the bones and meat is released slowly, making the water-rich without losing too much.
- Choose medium lemon leaves, neither too young nor too old to create a unique flavor for pho. If you like to eat young chicken eggs, you can also add them to make the dish more eye-catching.
- In addition to the fresh noodle soup, you can also use the convenient packaged dry type. Soak in warm water about 40-45 degrees Celsius for about 20 minutes and you will have the same soft noodles right away.