- 1 lb. of pork shoulder (thinly sliced)
- 1 package of rice vermicelli noodles
- 1/2 cup of sliced cucumber
- 1/2 cup of shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup of chopped peanuts
- 1/4 cup of chopped fresh herbs (cilantro, mint, and basil)
- 1/4 cup of fried shallots
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the marinade:
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 1 shallot (minced)
- 1 tablespoon of lemongrass paste
- 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper
- Start by preparing the marinade. In a large bowl, mix together the minced garlic, minced shallot, lemongrass paste, fish sauce, soy sauce, sugar, and black pepper.
- Add the sliced pork shoulder to the marinade and mix until the pork is evenly coated. Let the pork marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- While the pork is marinating, prepare the rice vermicelli noodles according to the package instructions. Drain and rinse the noodles with cold water.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the marinated pork and cook for 5-7 minutes, or until the pork is fully cooked.
- To assemble the bowls, start by placing a portion of the cooked rice vermicelli noodles at the bottom of each bowl. Top the noodles with a portion of the cooked pork, sliced cucumber, shredded carrots, chopped peanuts, fresh herbs, and fried shallots.
- Serve the bowls immediately and enjoy!
Note: You can adjust the ingredients and seasoning to your taste preference. You can also add other toppings such as pickled vegetables, sliced jalapenos, and lime wedges.