1. Introducing Grilled Beef Satay
With a rich flavor, grilled beef satay is one of the attractive grilled beef dishes to enrich your family’s menu. Unlike grilled beef in thin slices, grilled satay beef is grilled monolithically, the outside is cooked evenly, and the inside keeps the original sweetness of the meat.
Grilled beef is soft and fragrant with lemongrass, not chewy, and the spicy taste of satay stimulates the taste buds. The dish is an ideal suggestion for women on busy days while still ensuring the quality of meals for the whole family.
2. Instructions on How to Make Grilled Beef Satay
To taste the most perfect grilled beef satay, the preparation of ingredients and processing is very important. The ingredients are guaranteed to be fresh and the meat needs to be cooked to the right temperature. What are you waiting for, let’s start cooking together!
- Beef or beef fillet: 600g (serving for 3 people)
- Lemongrass: 3 branches
- Garlic: 2 bulbs
- Purple onion: 2 pieces
- Fresh chili: 1
- Satay: 1 jar
- Herbs, raw vegetables served
- Seasoning: fish sauce, salt, seasoning seeds
Step 1: Prepare Ingredients
- To remove the fishy smell for beef by soaking in dilute salt water with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice for about 2 minutes.
- Rinse the meat twice, then drain
- Slice beef. To cut the meat easily and keep the delicious taste of the meat, put the beef in the freezer for 30-40 minutes and then use a sharp knife to cut it into medium pieces. In case you use beef fillet, just wash and dry the meat and you can process it!
- Lemongrass, red onion, fresh chili and garlic are washed and chopped to ensure that all ingredients are blended when marinating beef as well as delicious when finishing the dish.
- Raw vegetables and herbs are washed with salt water, then drained.
Top Pho Restaurant is seving some Grilled Beef dishes maybe you like it:
Step 2: Marinate the Beef
- Put the sliced beef into a large bowl and marinate the meat with about 1 tablespoon of seasoning and a little fish sauce.
- Use clean chopsticks to mix the mixture well, then cover with cling film and marinate in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to infuse the flavors.
Step 3: Mix Satay Sauce
- Put 2 tablespoons of cooking oil with minced garlic, shallot, and lemongrass in a pan. If your family likes more spicy, you can add a teaspoon of minced chili.
- Turn on the stove, stir the mixture on high heat for about 1 minute until fragrant, add about 2-3 tablespoons of satay depending on taste and stir well.
- Cook for another 3-5 minutes until the sauce in the pan boils, then turn off the heat and pour the sauce into a bowl.
Step 4: Sauté The Beef
- Heat a pan on the stove. You can reuse the pan you just used to make the sauce by rinsing the pan with boiling water.
- Put the sliced beef in, pan on each side for about 2 minutes until the meat is cooked, then turn off the heat.
Step 5: Finishing Grilled Beef Satay
You can use an air fryer or an oven to perfect the delicious grilled beef satay.
- First, you spread a piece of foil on a baking tray and then use a brush to brush a layer of cooking oil on the surface.
- Arrange the pan-fried beef pieces one at a time.
- Use a spatula/brush to spread the satay sauce evenly on all sides of the meat.
- Put the meat in the oven (or fryer), bake at 180 degrees C for about 20 minutes.
Finished Products After Processing
The finished product of grilled beef satay has an attractive taste with the perfect blend of ingredients. The light aroma of lemongrass, garlic and chili blends in the soft sweet beef, the tongue is numb with the taste of satay “enough” to make anyone’s heart flutter. The dish is most delicious when enjoyed with bread, hot rice or rolled with fresh and cool vegetables.