Com Tam is a popular dish in Vietnam, especially in the morning and evening, on the busy road, the flavor of grilled ribs is faintly scented. Grilled meat is marinated fragrantly, grilled golden with delicious fish sauce, creating an extremely delicious dish that once you try it, you will definitely not forget that taste. Check out the recipe below to be able to make your own family a delicious Com Tam dish!
- Ribs cutlet: 300gr
- Lean pork shoulder: 400gr
- Pork skin: 200gr
- Chicken eggs: 4 eggs
- Broken rice
- Ground lean meat: 50gr
- Hearing: 50gr
- Vermicelli: 50gr
- Honey: 2 tablespoons
- Fish sauce, salt, oyster sauce, sesame oil, pepper, sugar, vinegar
- Garlic, dried onion
- Wood ear, chili fruit, green onion
- Vegetables served: Cucumber, tomato (change according to taste)
Step 1: Cook Rice
- Broken rice is washed 2-3 times to clean and then put in an electric cooker to cook like normal rice until the rice is cooked.
Step 2: Make Grilled Cutlet Ribs
- Wash cutlet ribs, blanch briefly in a bowl of hot boiling water, then rinse and dry with a towel.
- Garlic, dried onion peeled and chopped.
- Marinate meat with spices: 2 tablespoons of honey, 1 teaspoon of salt, 1 tablespoon of fish sauce, 2 teaspoons of oyster sauce, 1 teaspoon of sesame oil, 1 teaspoon of minced garlic, 1 teaspoon of minced onion, 1 teaspoon pepper. Mix well, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- Next, grill each slice of meat over charcoal until the meat is golden brown. Or you can bake the meat in the oven, at a temperature of 180 degrees Celsius, for 30-45 minutes, occasionally spreading the meat sauce mixture on the surface so that the meat does not dry out.
Step 3: Make the Meat Skin
- Wash the skin, boil a pot of water, drop the skin in to boil, do not boil for a long time because the skin will be tough. Take out the skin to cool and slice it (you can buy pre-sliced skin if you want to make it simpler).
- Lean pork shoulder washed, cut in half.
- Marinate the meat with minced garlic, 2 tablespoons fish sauce, 2 tablespoons sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper, marinate for 3-4 hours.
- Then heat a little oil in a pan, add the meat and the meat sauce and fry until golden brown on both sides. If the sauce is dry, add a little cold water, continue to cook until the meat is cooked.
- After the meat is golden brown on both sides, let it cool. Use your hands to shred or cut into small pieces.
- Mix the hearing, skin and shredded fried meat and pour into a large bowl.
Step 4: Make the Egg Rolls
- Wood ear soaked in warm water for 20 minutes to bloom, cut off the legs and then chopped. Soak vermicelli in warm water for 10 minutes to bloom, remove and cut short.
- Mix ground lean meat, vermicelli, wood ear, chopped dried onion in a small bowl. Then beat in 3 eggs and an egg white (1 yolk is kept to make the surface of the cake nice), add 2 teaspoons of salt, 1 teaspoon of fish sauce, 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- Steamed egg rolls for about 30 minutes is cooked. Next, pour the remaining beaten yolk mixture on the surface and continue steaming for about 10 minutes.
- Take out the cooked egg and cut it into bite-sized pieces.
Step 5: Make the Fish Sauce
- Ratio: 3 tablespoons fish sauce, 3 tablespoons sugar, 3 tablespoons water and 1 tablespoon vinegar. Boil the mixture until dissolved, let cool slowly add fish sauce, then add vinegar, season to taste.
- Chili fruit washed, poured cold water to cover the surface of the chili, boiled, until the chili is soft.
- Use a spoon to chop the chili to small, not smooth. Heat a little cooking oil, fry fragrant garlic, add chili and 1 teaspoon sugar, 1 teaspoon vinegar, boil for about 5 minutes, then turn off the heat, let it cool and then add the chili mixture to the fish sauce.
Step 6: Done
- Cucumbers, tomatoes washed and peeled. Then the sand is thinly sliced.
- When eating, put some rice to a corner, add a slice of ribs, a slice of egg roll, a little skin, a little carrot, fish sauce, served with cucumber and tomato.