If you’re a fan of Vietnamese cuisine, you’ll absolutely love this mouthwatering recipe for Grilled Lemongrass Shrimp and Chicken Skewers. Combining the delicate flavors of succulent shrimp, tender chicken, and fragrant lemongrass, this dish is a true delight for your taste buds. Perfect for a family gathering or a casual barbecue, these skewers are easy to make and will impress your guests with their tantalizing aroma and savory taste.
- 12 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemongrass, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Wooden skewers (soaked in water for 30 minutes to prevent burning)
- In a mixing bowl, combine fish sauce, soy sauce, honey, minced garlic, chopped lemongrass, and vegetable oil. Mix well to create a flavorful marinade.
Preparing the Skewers:
- Place the shrimp and chicken pieces into separate bowls.
- Pour half of the marinade over the shrimp and the other half over the chicken.
- Toss the shrimp and chicken in the marinade until they are fully coated.
- Cover both bowls with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour (or overnight for even more flavor).
- Preheat your grill to medium-high heat.
- Thread the marinated shrimp and chicken alternately onto the soaked wooden skewers.
- Place the skewers on the grill and cook for approximately 3-4 minutes per side, or until the shrimp and chicken are cooked through and have a nice charred appearance.
- Transfer the Grilled Lemongrass Shrimp and Chicken Skewers to a serving platter.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and serve with steamed rice or vermicelli noodles.
- For an extra kick, you can serve it with a side of sweet chili sauce or nuoc cham dipping sauce.
Enjoy your delectable Grilled Lemongrass Shrimp and Chicken Skewers, and delight in the harmonious blend of flavors that will transport you to the vibrant streets of Vietnam. Bon appétit!