Fried tofu is a popular dish, delicious and suitable for many Vietnamese families. Everyone thinks that this is the easiest dish to make, just cut it into pieces and fry it, but that’s not the case! To get a plate of crispy and delicious tofu, you must have all the tips!
The disadvantage of fried tofu is that it is easily crushed, when fried, it will sometimes stick to the pan, making the tofu not intact, not puffy and crispy, and to overcome this situation, you follow a few steps. The simple tip below:
Tip 1: Soak in Warm Salt Water
Experts revealed that, before frying tofu, Mother should soak tofu pieces in warm salted water (at the ratio of 4 water, ¼ salt) for 5-15 minutes, drain, then cut pieces and fry as usual. . Soaking in warm salt water not only helps to disinfect tofu during processing but also brings a richer taste to the dish. In addition, the temperature and salinity of the brine will cause moisture to escape from the surface of the tofu without losing protein, when fried, it will have a beautiful golden color and a crispy taste in the mouth.
Tip 2: Put in the Freezer
To make the fried tofu crispy, the pieces of tofu are square and beautiful when on the plate and do not stick or break in the pan, before frying, Mother can use the way to put the whole piece of tofu in the freezer for 30 minutes, then take it out. cut into small pieces. However, you should note that tofu should be drained or placed on absorbent paper to avoid splashing oil when frying.
Tip 3: Fry Tofu With Fat
According to the experience left by the ancient housewives, frying tofu with fat will make tofu crispy and puffier than frying with cooking oil.
If you love Fried Tofu w/ Oriental Sauce, you can Order This Dish Here. Thank You!.
Tip 4: Pay Attention When Frying
- When frying, you should preheat the pan first and then add the cooking oil. Wait when the oil is just hot, put a pair of chopsticks in and see the oil rolling, then start frying. Absolutely do not let the oil get too hot, because the tofu will easily burn, on the contrary, if the oil is not hot enough, the pieces of tofu will stick to the pan.
- The best amount of oil for frying is about 1/3 or 1/2 of the tofu.
- Put enough tofu in the pan, do not let the pieces stick together because it will be difficult to remove.
- Tofu will turn golden brown beautifully when fried on medium heat.
- During the frying process, remember to let one side of the beans turn golden and then flip to the other side so they don’t break!
Tip 5: Use Ginger So It Doesn’t Stick to the Pan
- In case you don’t have a non-stick pan or an old non-stick pan, you can use a piece of fresh ginger to rub around the bottom and sides of the pan to create a smooth film before adding oil to fry. This smooth film will combine with the oil to keep the tofu from sticking.
- In addition, while frying, unfortunately, the tofu gets stuck in the pan, so don’t rush to take the tofu out right away. Instead, turn off the stove, then tilt the oil to one side, wait for the pan to cool down, then the tofu will peel off without being crushed.
With these tips already, from now on you don’t have to worry about fried tofu that is not delicious and not beautiful anymore. Wishing you success with the small tips that Delicious Every Day brings, giving your family the most wonderful meals!