Introduction: Noodle soup with meat is a comforting and satisfying dish enjoyed in many cultures around the world. Whether you prefer chicken, beef, or pork, this recipe will guide you in creating a flavorful and hearty noodle soup that’s perfect for any occasion.
For the Soup:
- 8 cups (2 liters) chicken, beef, or vegetable broth
- 8 oz (225g) boneless meat of your choice (chicken, beef, or pork), thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 2 cups chopped leafy greens (spinach, bok choy, or kale)
- 8 oz (225g) dried noodles of your choice (rice noodles, egg noodles, or udon)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon ginger, grated
- Red pepper flakes or hot sauce (optional, for heat)
1. Prepare the Meat:
- If using chicken, beef, or pork, thinly slice the meat into bite-sized pieces.
2. Sauté the Aromatics:
- In a large soup pot or Dutch oven, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the minced garlic and chopped onion. Sauté for 2-3 minutes until fragrant and the onion becomes translucent.
3. Add Meat and Vegetables:
- Add the sliced meat to the pot and cook for 3-4 minutes until it starts to brown.
- Stir in the sliced carrots, celery, and mushrooms (if using). Cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
4. Pour in Broth:
- Pour in the chicken, beef, or vegetable broth. Bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat and let it simmer for about 15-20 minutes, allowing the flavors to meld together.
5. Season the Soup:
- Stir in the soy sauce, sesame oil, grated ginger, and red pepper flakes or hot sauce if you like it spicy.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste. Adjust the seasonings to your preference.
6. Cook Noodles:
- In a separate pot, cook the dried noodles according to the package instructions. Drain and set aside.
7. Assemble the Soup:
- To serve, divide the cooked noodles among serving bowls.
- Ladle the hot soup over the noodles.
8. Add Leafy Greens:
- Add the chopped leafy greens to each bowl of soup. They will wilt in the hot broth.
- Serve your homemade noodle soup with meat hot. It’s a complete and satisfying meal on its own.
Conclusion: Homemade noodle soup with meat is a comforting and customizable dish that’s perfect for any time of the year. Whether you prefer chicken, beef, or pork, this recipe provides a hearty and flavorful soup that’s both soothing and delicious. Enjoy a warm bowl of noodle soup with meat as a nourishing meal for yourself or to share with family and friends.