The chicken is tender and full of flavor emanating from lemongrass, with enough sweetness and harmony to make the dish attractive.
A) Chicken and Marinated Seasoning:
- 800-900 grams chicken thigh or breast fillet (skin and bones removed)
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce 30-40 protein (if fish sauce has higher protein, reduce it).
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce.
- 1 tablespoon colored water/or soy sauce (soy sauce) for a nice color.
- 1 tablespoon fried onion oil (makes the meat more fragrant).
- 1 tablespoon sugar (adjust to taste).
- 1 tablespoon honey.
- 1/2 tbsp lemon juice (helps tenderize the meat, bringing out the aroma of the remaining spices).
- 2 lemongrass plants, smashed for a stronger flavor, can be chopped.
- 2-3 cloves of garlic, minced.
1 medium white radish, 1 small carrot + vinegar, sugar, salt.
- Sweet and sour sauce
- Onion fat (3-4 scallions, washed, chopped + 1-2 tablespoons cooking oil + a little salt, seasoning)
- 1kg of fresh vermicelli noodles. If you are abroad, use dry noodles and cook according to the instructions on the package.
- Accompanying vegetables: Lettuce, cucumber, bean sprouts, herbs according to taste
- Roasted peanuts, pounded
A) How to Marinate, Grill or Sauté Chicken:
- Chicken thigh or chicken breast fillet, soak in dilute salt water with a little sliced shallot to deodorize for 10-15 minutes. Then, rinse and pat dry.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the chicken and marinade ingredients, cover with cling film, and place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, or best overnight to allow the flavors to infuse.
- Heat a little cooking oil in a pan, take the chicken (discard the flammable garlic and lemongrass when cooking), then put the chicken in the pan. Pay attention to turn both sides and bake until golden brown and cooked through. You can use the oven chicken instead of the pan.
- Remove the chicken, let it cool, and cut into bite-sized pieces.
B) How to Make the Sauce:
Mix fish sauce: sugar: lemon: boiled water to cool in the ratio 1:1:1:5. In a bowl, put 3 tablespoons fish sauce (30-40 protein levels), 3 tablespoons lemon juice, 3 tablespoons sugar and 15 tablespoons water. Stir until the sugar is completely dissolved, then add garlic, minced chili will float to the top.
C) Prepare Other Ingredients:
- Wash raw vegetables, soak in dilute salt water, drain the water. Cucumbers are washed and sliced. Bean sprouts washed, blanched in boiling water. Roasted peanuts, pounded.
- Making pickles (pre-seasoned, so that the refrigerator will be more crispy when eaten): Carrots and radishes are soaked in a little salted water, washed in warm water, and drained. Then mix with sugar, vinegar / or lemon according to taste, put in the refrigerator for 15 minutes to crisper.
- Make onion fat: Wash scallions, cut into small pieces, add a little salt, pour hot cooking oil and mix well. Or you mix scallions, a little salt, cooking oil and then put in the microwave for 20 seconds.
- Noodles with boiling water. If you are abroad, if you use dry noodles, cook according to the instructions on the package.
D) Presentation and Enjoyment:
In a bowl, add vermicelli, raw vegetables, chopped lettuce, cucumber, pickles, grilled chicken, pounded roasted peanuts, onion fat, respectively. When eating, add sweet and sour fish sauce, mix well and enjoy.
If you’re busy, just order Grilled Chicken with Noodles here. Welcome to Top Pho Aurora.